Field Agronomist, Research
To provide competitive, independent, investigative research and product development in crop production; crop protection; food quality; environmental preservation, product stewardship, genetics and seeds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for field trial fertility, irrigation, pest and weed control
- Responsible for field personnel training
- Responsible for all aspects of field management and documentation
- Assists with R&D field trial implementation and execution
- Manage contractors
- Oversee all field machine maintenance
- Performs necessary maintenance & calibration on assigned machines
- Promote Research Safety program
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Ag Sciences or Agronomy
- Five (5) years’ experience in research preferred
- Excellent communication skills and detail orientated
- Bilingual, English & Spanish
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to think strategically
- Excellent observation and troubleshooting ability
- Record keeping and organizational skills
- Ability to concurrently work on multiple tasks
- Possesses good problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Required competencies:
Mission and Values Driven – All employees are expected to promote a “CAN DO” attitude and demonstrate a willingness to work in a professional and collaborative manner. Demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Integrity, Ethics, and Collaboration – Treat people with respect and individuality; do what you say; be fair and equitable in all interactions; be a good steward of company resources; and work effectively with others.
- Safety – Put safety first by anticipating and performing actions necessary to avoid hazardous work-related conditions which could result in injury, harm, or loss.
- Communication – Give and welcome feedback; exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views; contribute to holding each other accountable and build a positive team spirit. Write clearly and informatively; edit work to high standards of written presentation.
- Adaptability, Flexibility, and Critical Thinking – Effectively manage competing demands and able to change course when new information becomes available. Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; and develop alternative solutions.
- Attention to Detail and Timely Follow-up – Demonstrate thoroughness and accuracy in work activities through concern for all areas involved. Plan and prioritize work activities, use time efficiently to meet deadlines and provide timely follow-up for all issues.
- Ability to work required hours
- Ability to lift 60 lbs
- Able to walk fields, up to 5 miles a day
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Must have valid driver’s license and meet MVR Requirements
Please direct your interest in this position, with a current resume, to Steve Stebbins, Stebbins and Associates firstname.lastname@example.org