Our Client is an industry leader in fresh produce packaging and automation equipment. Founded almost 50 years ago, they have customers and agents around the globe. The North American facility is responsible for all sales and service from Costa Rica to Canada.
The purpose of this role is to manage and grow the business across US and the North American. The facility is in a 100,000 sq ft facility on 11 acres near Fresno, CA, the heart of the California ag industry. Low cost of living with a small-town feel, this is an excellent place to grow your career as well as a family. Maintaining communication with the home office, as well as the manufacturing facilities in Europe is a key responsibility.
Specific responsibilities include:
All aspects of the company’s operations daily including but not limited to:
- 5 direct reports in management
- Oversee sales and pricing
- Oversee production facility
- Ensure competitive pricing structures
- Prepare and manage yearly budgets
- Manage foreign representative companies in Costa Rica, Mexico, and Canada
- Attend trade shows (currently only 3 per year)
Other important aspects of this position include:
- The job location is near Fresno, CA
- Company car provided or monthly allowance for personal vehicle
- Percent travel, no more than 20% including domestic and international
- Language requirements, English & Spanish
- Full benefits package incl. health, dental vision, 401K and generous PTO program
We are seeking a world-class leader, who knows very well the North America agricultural markets and players. He/she will have a proven track record of success in sales and/or management in a profitable and sustainable manner.
Candidates will be expected to offer:
- A successful demonstrated track record of driving a culture of productivity and improvement – preferably including significant experience with major agricultural organizations
- International experience with preference in Latin America
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in the agricultural inputs sector, including sales, marketing, and distribution
- Experience in senior management roles, specifically managing budget and financial performance
- Demonstrated ability to break down broad goals into actionable and achievable milestones with clear plans and deliverables.
- Have excellent and effective communication skills – both oral and written.
- Highest standards of integrity; holds one’s self and others accountable
- Proactively explores new opportunities for the business and the company
- Great degree of independence
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant field, MBA a plus.