Key Account Sales Manager, Remote US Location, Specialty Adjuvants, Crop Protection
Minimum education (records are required in support of this requirement):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (from an accredited University) in Science or Business-related field is preferred
- Note: A non-qualified/non-degreed individual with a successful track record in the field of Industrial Chemical Sales/Service will also be considered.
Minimum skills and experience (records are required in support of this requirement):
- Proven successful retail sales (multiple locations/chains) experience within the field of Ag chemical sales
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Science or Business-related field is preferred
- Ten (10) to fifteen (15) years of experience in the Ag Chem industry (preferred)
- At least seven (7) of those years should be in Ag Chemical Sales (preferred)
- Knowledge and understanding of category management, forecasting, and marketing programs
- Good interpersonal and team-building skills with a positive attitude
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with small and large groups (including video technology)
- Detailed and accurate
- Willingness to travel up to 75% of the time
- Physically able to endure outdoor climates of varying temperatures and weather
- Willingness and desire to embrace and promote technology products over commodity offerings
- Must possess entrepreneurial traits and willingness to develop and grow the adjuvant business
- Reasoning ability to:
- Analyze customer needs to enable the development of strong customer specific business plans
- Analyze sales and territory data to develop territory strategies for growth
- Comprehend product uses and applications
- Comprehend industry specific issues and demonstrate products at demos, customers, workshops, etc.
Major Responsibilities, Authorities, and Requirements:
- Understand and support Company goals, objectives and go to market strategies.
- Develop and sell customer business plans that meet Company goals, objectives, and strategies.
- Deliver company sales and profit objectives
- Search out and sell new customers, customer types and new markets/industries
- Sell products to the assigned and targeted customers
- Delivers regular program/product presentations to key customers
- Bears responsibility for incremental sales volume in the assigned territory through monthly, quarterly, and annual goals.
- Works closely with sales administration in delivering customer service excellence by providing information to customers on training, new/current products, programs, and pricing.
- Complies with instructions and directives for the fulfillment of company objectives and for maximum profitable sales.
- Meet sales goals by effectively managing and working closely together with Management, Logistics, Marketing, Customer Service and Finance groups to deliver strategies and programs to the assigned customers that drive sales to meet and exceed the sales plan and quota.
- Increase revenue through the development of specific account plans which include new business and product presentations, development of promotional programs, pricing management, along with day-to-day account management.
- Develop key field sales relationships with targeted national accounts
- Prepares and delivers customer specific sales presentations, product demonstrations and develop a working relationship with decision makers.
- Promote and sell new products.
- Increase Distribution by planning, coordinating, and implementing annual business reviews with assigned customers.
- Plan and develop both short-term and long-term sales plans for accounts.
- Generate New Business by identifying and analyzing the needs of the target customers/consumer to recognize and act on potential new business platforms and line extensions in conjunction with new market trends.
- Maintains up-to-date customer records and other records in accordance with company instructions
- Develop and Execute promotional Strategy by working with Sales and Marketing Management to secure annual promotional plan and calendar.
- Build and strengthen relationship between current and future customers and by providing recommendations and analysis of current and potential programs thus building trust and partnership with all customers assigned or developed
- Provides monthly updates communicating status (results vs. plans) of territory and customers assigned.
- Attends and participates in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and trade shows as directed.
- Build and reinforce knowledge/expertise by attending sales workshops and participating in training programs.
- Ability to participate with Commercial Development and RD&T functions to expand product offerings based off of internal and external customer requirements
- Ability to establish strong relationships with field personnel, peers, and customers
- Network with industry contacts to expand sales opportunities
- Build product and market knowledge to add understanding and credibility
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills, including the need to generate weekly and monthly reports
- This includes the use of sales reporting software such as Salesforce.com, etc.
- Ability to travel by any commercial means up to 75%
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Achieve 100% or better of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quota of the total business. Exact financial metrics will be shared upon onboarding.
- Achieve 100% or better of monthly, quarterly, and annual Operating Income.
- Develop and increase sales volume in the assigned territory with all classes of accounts.
- Identify, develop, and sell new customers / customer types / industries (bring in new business
- Maintain and expand his or her knowledge of the company’s policies, products, and programs.
- Develop his or her knowledge in all applications of ADJUVANTS products
- Actively pursue and participate in sales and motivational training.
- Exhibit initiative for advancement.
For immediate consideration and more details pertaining to compensation, email resume to:
Steve Stebbins Stebbins@Greenadvice.com