North American Sales and Field Marketing Manager
Summary: Responsible for leading the Sales and Field Marketing initiatives of the Crop Business Unit, which includes coordination with the Headquarters (HQ) team based in Sherbrooke Quebec, distributors, sales agents and customers throughout the US and Canada, and importantly with the Company’s master distributor. A key objective of the role is to develop relationships and credibility with key customers and dealers/distributors. The Company’s strategic plan is to develop a sustainable level of sales in North America and then to expand to ten additional countries. This role has the potential to grow with the Company’s strategic ambitions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and enhance all field relationships.
- Exhibit leadership and self-confidence in communicating attributes and advantages to customers and distributors.
- Provide service to customers, by soliciting and responding to questions raised regarding product performance and application.
- Represent the company in a positive, ethical, and effective manner, and assure that Company’s field presence is professional and in line with applicable policies and regulations.
- Lead the implementation of the annual sales plan:
- Work with the HQ team to learn and understand all aspects of the annual plan to effectively train and prepare distributors’ personnel with pertinent information and support materials.
- Establish a field visit plan/schedule to communicate marketing programs, communications, and product innovations.
- Develop recommendations to support the Company’s marketing strategies using in-field presence to create and increase awareness: trade shows, local advertising and promotion, speakers, training, etc.
- Identify market gaps and opportunities by working with key customers, brokers and sales agents to recommend marketing solutions and innovation in-line with the Company strategies.
- Support field trials and other test initiatives as needed HQ marketing and R&D.
- Provide on-going market surveillance to develop tactics and strategies to differentiate from competitors in the industry.
- Provide guidance to future product development and R&D on Company’s technology to meet current unmet market (whitespace) needs.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, ideally with a concentration in agriculture, or related fields.
5 years’ experience in crop protection sales, experience in crop protection marketing, and/or agronomy is desirable.
- Familiarity and a passion for agriculture and biopesticides.
- Within the US and Canada approximately 60% of the time to meet with customers and distributors.
- As needed to HQ in Sherbrooke, QC
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to:
- work collaboratively on a team, as well as be an independent worker
- maintain open lines of communication with employees from all areas of the organization
4. Mature outlook as demonstrated by:
- business acumen, by being highly organized, and always prioritized despite changes in workload priorities
- ability to maintain confidentiality