Our client is a well-established Manufacturer of Bio-Pesticides and Bio-Fertilizer materials, based in the US. Broad offering, large territory, and a wide base of distributor customers.
Job Title: Territory Sales Agronomist, Northeast US
Reports To: National Sales Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Manage product sales and service activities involving external customers within the NorthEast region. (OH, PA, NY, NJ, Maine)
The amount of overnight travel required will depend on residence location.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: B.S College degree required with a preferred focus in Agricultural Science or Business. A strong background in the Agricultural Chemical or related Agriculture Industry is required. Knowledge of potato, Tree & Vine production experience desired but is not a mandatory requirement.
- Manage territory customer accounts; establish and maintain regular contact with customers and key influencers to obtain product performance feedback and develop markets segments by brand. Customer (distributors, retailers, agricultural consultants, and key growers) focus is needed to accomplish territory objectives for current products. Monthly reports regarding customer, product and competitive information are required along with verbal updates on key activities with your manager.
- Provide sales, technical and stewardship assistance to retailers, custom applicators, farmers, or appropriate channel partner in the proper use and stewardship of products.
- Develop annual territory business objectives that support the regional and national strategies. Key account planning for target customers that can deliver our sales volumes by brand and profit objectives.
- Attend seminars, trade shows, conferences, technical crop events, and grower meetings to strengthen business development.
- Supervise, communicate, and manage incidents related to our products.
- Aggressively and creatively identifies and pursues new business opportunities at targeted accounts
- Responsible for managing annual territory expense budgets that could include such items as promotional items, travel, and entertainment budgets.
- Create and deliver internal and external sales presentations; Suggest presentation materials to be developed by companies marketing team, including handouts and graphics. Work closely with immediate supervisor or product management to identify suitable marketing/promotional programs, obtaining buy-in and approval on territory business plans.
- Work closely with the National Sales Manager to maximize organic growth and develop new markets as opportunities develop.
Customer Orientation – Determines and fulfills customer needs and expectations.
Selling Skills – Responding to consumer needs and wants through planned, personalized verbal and written communications to influence purchase decisions and ensure satisfaction.
Business Acumen – Degree to which an individual understands and applies business knowledge to maintain and advance organizational effectiveness. Comfortable with risk; accepts individual responsibility and accountability
Integrity – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, trustworthy individual and can maintain confidentiality.
Initiative – Recognizes what needs to be done and takes action and accomplishes results as the situation demands Influencing/Persuasion – Persuades others; builds consensus through give and take; gains
Influence – Ability to get others to adopt an action by using data, facts, logic and credible personal presence for territory effectiveness.
Computer skills – Capable of using programs, including but not limited to Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, and CRM reporting tools such as Salesforce.