Job Title: Region Sales Manager
To develop and manage market area as assigned. Position is responsible for establishing and selling product through a distributor system, with direct contact and relationships with key organic crop customers to support and sell through distributors and establish new distributors in defined markets. Individual is also responsible for providing technical support to current distributors and direct customers.
- Identify and develop markets, customers and opportunities that represent growth potential. Sell and service current customers.
- be a technical resource to all team members on areas of expertise.
- work with universities trial studies, develop fertility trials, demos with customers.
- travel 60% plus of time, overnight stays, limited number of weekend trade shows
- all other duties as assigned.
Territory Description: (as assigned)
Position will focus and be held accountable for sales in a defined west coast area. Specifics on area and current customer detail will be provided.
Standards for Performance:
- Maintain existing business in the area and aggressively grow sales through distributors. Position is responsible for establishing, managing, and growing sustainable business with direct organic crop growers that can and do buy multiple TLs of fertilizer, sold, and serviced through distributors.
- Establish a strong distribution network as needed in assigned territory where distributors provide the needed support.
- Position should identify new markets, distributors, end users for business development.
- Educate end users and distributors in assigned territory on our products and value proposition.
- Create a win/win relationship with customers, must see their goals as our goals.
- Serve as a technical resource as needed for customers and fellow team members.
- Be proficient in CRM recording daily activity with all assigned leads, prospects and customers, and related opportunities, projects, action plans.
- Develop and execute a business plan for the territory, to develop identified opportunities and create new opportunities for sales growth.
- Continuously improve skill sets to include CRM skill, management skills, presentation skills, technical skills, leadership skills and general communication skills.
Initial Goals and Objectives:
- Create an annual, executable sales plan with key tactics in conjunction with your Region Sales and Business Development Manager (RSBDM) to capitalize and maximize the performance of your area.
- Communicate with customers in assigned area as needed via personal visit, phone, and/or email. Recommend written follow-up when appropriate.
- Communicate goals and progress as well as action plans for improvement on each key grower and distributor in CRM on a real time basis.
- Communicate regularly with RSBDM challenges, opportunities, successes, etc.
- Spend the appropriate amount of time (at least 60 – 80%) with customers in the field. Create a call schedule and sales plan, with goals associated with each trip and/or project and execute the schedule and plan well.
- Identify all Centers of Influence in area to include Crop Advisors, associations, and key researchers at universities to network, develop business relationships and gain their support.
- Identify best opportunity for growth, key growers, and distributors, develop key tactics by opportunity, record, and update in CRM, execute well.
- Maintain a budget. Spend money with an expectation that we will get a strong return on the investment. Report expenditures and demonstrate value.
- Create a win/win relationship with our distributors and key growers. Create a sense of partnership. Have a positive impact on their business, create value!
- Grow existing business with current customers.
- Create and demonstrate a continuous improvement plan on your personal skill sets. Emphasis should be placed on continued development of baseline skills to include CRM, communication skills, management skills, presentation skills, leadership skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Continuously recruit new customers both in current markets as well as new sales opportunities, which may present potential to sell significant volumes.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related area or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 5+ years sales experience, preferably in the organic fertilizer industry.
• Excellent needs-based selling and CRM skills,
• Good overall agronomy skills with a broad basic knowledge of western area grown crops
• Highly organized; superior time management skills.
• Computer skills in MS Office, Word, PowerPoint as necessary
• Exceptional communication skills both written and oral.
Compensation 125K plus, with top tier benefits, matching 401K, and work from a remote home office
For immediate consideration, email resume to email@example.com