Our client’s mission is to free farmers from the worst jobs on the farm. Our path begins by automating the most hated job on the farm – rock picking. Rocks slow farming, damage equipment, and lead to downtime while seeding and harvesting. Solving this problem frees farmers to focus on higher-value tasks and bring their operations into a new era of farming.
This team is a close group who believe in the power of collaboration and teamwork, the value of getting their hands dirty and learning from the farmers they serve.
As a Territory Sales Representative, you will play the critical role of selling our solutions with every grower in your assigned territory.
In this role, you will:
- Build the direct and channel sales to scale in assigned territory.
- Manage all pre-sale of products and services to growers in assigned territories.
- Utilize all available resources to reach prospects and convert customers.
- Inform sales strategy and forecasting with regular customer feedback.
- Serve as an expert in our product line (map, precision picking attachment, autonomous picker)
- Generate sales reports.
- Work closely with Director of Sales, Customer Success and Marketing to ensure deeply satisfied customers from product awareness to product loyalty.
- Work closely with the product team to provide regular product feedback from our customers.
What we’re looking for:
- Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years demonstrated sales success in agriculture with a proven record of exceeding sales targets.
- 5+ years agriculture industry experience, with a strong understanding of local territories and network of contacts in the growers and dealer communities
- Demonstrated success in selling technology products.
- Comfort operating in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment.
- Commitment to thorough documentation and communication (primarily Smartsheet, HubSpot, Google Docs)
- Independent self-starter with the ability to generate and maintain high levels of activity focused on growing customer base and revenue
- Commitment to company core values: Uncompromising integrity, Farmer engagement, Team first, Humility, Ownership, Communication
- Ability to travel up to at least 2 week/month, as necessary (50%)
- Established network in agricultural industry.
- Deep knowledge of farming
- Familiarity and comfort discussing technology (AI, software, automation)
Base salary pay range:
- $80-90k USD
Our client offers competitive compensation and benefits to full time employees, including:
- Pre-IPO stock options (tax-advantaged ISOs)
- Competitive Compensation (base+commission)
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision insurance premium for you and all dependents
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
An inclusive and tight mission driven company culture